The Give PayPal Pro add-on allows you to connect Give to PayPal to accept donations directly on your site. Streamline your donation process, keep your donors on site, and further empower your online giving campaigns.
How it Works
The PayPal Payments Pro Gateway allows your donors to enter their credit cards on your site, and PayPal processes the donation without your donors ever having to leave your website. That means you can offer your donors the ability to pay via PayPal Standard, and add the ability to accept credit card donations on your site through your PayPal Pro account which allows you to have just one credit card merchant account.
To use PayPal Pro your site must be configured with a proper SSL certificate. Read our Resource article on how to do that here.
Why PayPal Pro
PayPal has been a preferred gateway for many nonprofits for their low rates and fees. In addition, PayPal offers:
- Discounted rates for registered 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Easy setup, no programming skills required
- Your donors don’t need a PayPal account
- Supports Give’s Recurring Donations add-on
PayPal Pro Requirements
- A valid PayPal Payments Pro account (see here for Country/Currency support)
- An SSL Certificate and your site configured to HTTPS. Read our Resource on that here.
- Support for PayPal Pro (NVP and REST APIs) and PayPal Pro PayFlow
- Proper API keys are required and available through your PayPal account for free.