GiveWP’s Mission is to Democratize Generosity. GiveWP is a WordPress plugin that enables users to accept donations on their WordPress-powered website with flexibility and minimal barrier to entry. Since launching in April 2015, GiveWP has helped 70,000+ nonprofits, individuals, and organizations further their mission through online donations.
Who We Are:
GiveWP is a team of passionate WordPress and industry professionals dedicated to ensuring success for every nonprofit organization we encounter. We enjoy flexible work schedules, competitive salaries, and a flat organization structure where everyone’s opinion matters and everyone’s work is valuable and acknowledged. We enjoy traveling, having fun, and enjoy coming to work everyday. If this sounds like a fit for you, great! Please read on.
Support Technicians at GiveWP (Impress.org) enjoy a very collaborative and fun remote working environment. Our Support team is very tight-knit. We enjoy solving user issues, receiving “Great” ratings from customers, writing tutorials, troubleshooting issues with the development team, and occasionally representing our company at WordCamps.
Our promise to our customers is that their success with online donations is our number one priority. We work hard to live up to that promise, responding quickly to every new issue with the intent to get resolution as quickly as possible.
We seek those who are:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent ability to provide instructions to WordPress users
- Comfortability with HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP and willingness and ability to learn quickly for technical troubleshooting purposes
- Very comfortable with all aspects of WordPress. Plugins, Themes, general WordPress configuration with SSL, basic plugin troubleshooting.
- Familiar with setting up a local environment, or willingness and ability to learn to do it quickly
- Familiar with Github, creating Github issues and pull requests
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Strong ability to receive personal feedback and apply it for continual improvement
- Strong eagerness to learn and able to learn quickly
- Either native English speaker, or EC2 certified proficiency
The core responsibilities of each of our Support Technicians is to Solve User Issues, Refine our Online Documentation, and Enhance our Products.
Currently, we are looking for technicians who can meet and exceed those expectations and also:
- Respond courteously to customer inquiries with detailed and understandable technical steps
- Write one tutorial blog article a month
- Spend a concerted amount of time expanding our online documentation with videos and text
We are a distributed company — but for this position we are currently seeking primarily US-based candidates who can work until 5pm Pacific time. We have a central office in San Diego, California, but all of our full-time Support Technicians currently work remotely. We support our team working anywhere that suits them in the world, as long as strong communication can be maintained via Slack and your tasks are fully, without question completed each work day.