What if you want your account to see your donations, but not mess with posts and pages? What if you want your donors to be able to view gated content on your site? How do you do these things? The answer is with roles and capabilities. That’s what we’ll discuss in September’s Give LIVE!
Resources Discussed in this Episode
- What are User Roles and Capabilities? (WordPress Codex link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities)
- What Roles does Give come with (Give Docs link: https://givewp.com/documentation/core/give-user-roles/ )
- How can we do things with Give Roles and Capabilities
- Per Form User Role Assigner Plugin: ( Download link: https://github.com/mathetos/Give-Per-Form-User-Role-Assigner/archive/master.zip )
- User Role Editor Plugin to create custom roles and capabilities: ( WordPress.org link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/ )
- User Switching Plugin to easily switch between accounts for testing: ( WordPress.org link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-switching/ )
- Members Plugin for gating content per page/post : (WordPress.org link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/members/ )
Episode was live on September 13, 2017
October Topic: Leveling Up your Nonprofit Website
Our next event is Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. PST. We’ll discuss important and sometimes overlooked parts of your website that make a big impact on the level of trust your donors will have with your organization.