Paytm is one of the most popular payment methods in India. It supports multiple forms of payment methods and is optimized for mobile. The following will describe how to integrate Paytm with Give using the official add-on.
Getting Started with Paytm
In order to accept payments with Paytm using Give you will need to have an active Paytm account, the Paytm Give Add-on, and the Give Core plugin installed and activated. It is also highly recommended that you have an active SSL certificate for your website.
Click here for instructions on installing and activating Give Add-ons. Also be sure to add your license so you can receive important updates and support.
Note: You can always access your add-on purchase receipts, downloads, and licenses from your Give Account dashboard.
Adding Your Paytm API Keys to Give
Paytm provides keys that are necessary for Give to send donation information securely to the gateway. After you activate the gateway in your WordPress site, navigate to WP-Admin > Donations > Settings > Gateways > Paytm:
First let’s fill in the test, or “Sandbox”, credentials. This is important so you can test the integration before going live.
Now that you have the plugin activated you can begin testing with the Sandbox credentials shared below:
1. MID: DIY12386817555501617
2. Merchant Key: bKMfNxPPf_QdZppa
for WEB: DIYtestingweb
for WAP: DIYtestingwap
4. Channel id: WEB/WAP
5. Industry type id: Retail
The 5 credentials shared above are required to post a valid transaction request on Paytm’s Sandbox servers.
You can access our Merchant Panel for seeing your transaction history and performing other operations:
- URL: https://pguat.paytm.com/PayTMSecured1/app/auth/login
- Username: DIYtesting
- Password: Paytm@197
After successfully initiating a transaction request, you can login to the test Wallet below & complete sample transactions :
Mobile Number : 7777777777
Password : Paytm12345
OTP : 489871
A Few Notes:
- The test wallet is topped-up to a balance of 7000 Rs. every 5 minutes.
- After multiple wrong login attempts, this account may automatically get locked. In that case, please comment below and we’ll get it unlocked.
- For conducting test transactions using Debit/Credit card, you can use your own card details. No money will be deducted from your card and you will be able to test the payment flow end to end.