Zapier has a very wide variety of uses. Some of them are very useful in combination with Give. This article is just one sample use for creating Zaps with the Give Zapier Add-on. It will show you how to use Zapier to auto-tweet a message on your Twitter account when a new donation comes in.
This Video tutorial will walk you through the process. Below the video is a basic step-by-step list that echoes the video.
BEFORE CREATING A ZAP
Before creating a Zap, you’ll need to
- Create an account with Zapier
- Install the Give Zapier Add-on and configure it to work with your account. Here’s our documentation on that.
After you’ve done those two things you should have all of the following in place:
- Zapier account created
- Give Zapier Add-on Installed
- Clicked the Invite link in the documentation page in order to add the Give Trigger to your Zapier account
MAKE A ZAP
- Click “Make a Zap”
- Choose your Trigger App
- Choose “Give” as the Trigger App
- Choose “New Donation” as the Trigger
- Choose your Action App
- Choose “Twitter” as your Action App
- Choose “Create Tweet” as the the Action
- Connect the Accounts
- Connect the Give account with the API Public Key and the Token
- Connect with your Twitter account
- Create any Custom Filters
- To trigger from a specific form only, choose “Form Name”, “Matches Exactly” and then the name of the form.
- Create your Tweet text and insert any of the Available Give Fields