Nonprofits are continuing to face challenges during COVID that no one saw coming. It’s a whole new world, and nonprofit fundraising is not exempt from the upheaval.
In many ways, fundraising is more crucial than ever as donations dwindle and the need for services increases because individuals, families and businesses are wrangling with new and sometimes scary economic circumstances.
But fundraising is always a challenge — even in the best, most stable times, no matter how small or large your organization, no matter how local or broad your donor base, no matter how specific or sweeping your mission.
Gone are the days of “donor as ATM” and here to stay are the days of donor as partner. Whether we’re talking about individual donors, corporate partnerships, planned giving, capital campaigns, events or any other source of charitable giving, challenges abound.
Professionals who dedicate their careers to finding sustainable funding for missions of every kind need all the quality training and guidance they can find.
Since 1999, CharityHowTo has been offering high-quality, highly focused training for nonprofit professionals around the world — all of it reasonably priced and much of it free.
Here are five free, on-demand nonprofit webinars from CharityHowTo that you’ll want to check out:
Coronavirus has been affecting fundraising for months now. Some of the damage is unavoidable. But not all of it. In fact, many of the most destructive and long-lasting impacts of the crisis are completely avoidable.
This webinar by Jeff Brooks, who has been named “America’s top fundraising writer” by the legendary Tom Ahern, will help you separate the things you can’t control in this crisis from the things you can control. Knowing the difference — and acting on it — can make all the difference.
This deep dive into crisis fundraising will teach you:
- How to assess your organization’s response to the crisis — and how to communicate that to your donors in a compelling way
- How to make up for revenue lost due to cancellations
- How to empower and encourage your donors
- How to keep fear from overwhelming your organization’s future
During this free nonprofit webinar recording, digital marketing strategist and nonprofit technology evangelist Julia Campbell will show you how to successfully raise money online for your nonprofit, even if you are a small or midsize organization.
This webinar recording will detail the basics of an online fundraising campaign, how social media and online tools can be used to raise more money, ways you can fit online giving into your long-term strategy, and Julia’s 10 steps to online fundraising success.
This deep dive into online fundraising will teach you:
- The basic components of a successful online fundraising campaign
- Tools to use for online fundraising
- Ways to use your website, email, blog and social media to promote online fundraising campaigns
- Examples from small and mid-sized nonprofits that have raised money online
- Julia’s 10 steps to online fundraising success, including recruiting and energizing Social Media Ambassadors
Like What You're Reading? Subscribe Here!
Virtual Engagement – How to Create Participatory Virtual Experiences that Keep your Donors Engaged in Times of Crisis
COVID-19 is creating an urgent need for human connection in a time when virtual experiences are the only option — and connection is only created through participation. So it’s crucial to dial up your virtual engagement strategy and steward those critical supporters through participatory experiences.
Trainer Caliopy Glaros has made a career of helping organizations transform their donor engagement strategies into catalysts for positive social change.
This deep dive into virtual engagement will teach you:
- How to design a participatory virtual experience
- How to properly utilize those experiences to achieve your goals
- How to transfer the participatory elements of in-person experience to a virtual one
- How to market participatory virtual experiences to your audience
- How to assess your tech needs for participatory virtual experiences
- How to be an excellent virtual facilitator
Successful grant research takes time. Without it, your relationship-building efforts and grant writing work will fall flat.
Since 2006, Diane H. Leonard and her team have secured more than $66.75 million dollars in competitive grants. In this free webinar, she’ll show you how to strengthen your grant research process.
The webinar will discuss how to use the variety of tools available for foundation research to create and support your grant plan and strategy, look at ways to reduce research expenses and address the key role that your colleagues should play in the grant research process.
This deep dive into grant research will teach you:
- How to utilize a variety of free tools to conduct grant research
- How to access discounts for grant research tools
- How to engage your colleagues in the grant research process
- How to quickly assess new short-term RFPs to determine if you will be competitive
Social media has fundamentally changed how we connect with one another, how we discover news and how we consume and share information that matters.
But how does that change translate to fundraising? This recorded webinar will show you how to leverage the power and potential of social media not only to connect with supporters but to actively raise funds for your cause and cultivate relationships with your donors — yes, even for acquisition.
Trainer Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success online. She is the author of “Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits,” and her blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is #3 on the Top 40 Nonprofit Marketing Blogs and Websites for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers list and is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.
- This deep dive into social media fundraising will teach you:
- The ways in which social media has dramatically changed nonprofit fundraising
- A brief overview of Facebook Fundraising and YouTube Giving tools
- 5 types of content that nonprofits can share on social media
- 3 sample metrics to measure the ROI of your social media efforts
Visit CharityHowTo for More Free Nonprofit Trainings and Resources
These are just a few of the free, high-quality, on-demand webinars available from CharityHowTo.
A visit to the website will give you access to these and so many more free or reasonably priced resources designed to energize and train nonprofit professionals as they work hard to do good and change the world.