Want to give your donors a first-class experience with their own dedicated dashboard on your website? Of course you do! And now you can.
GiveWP 2.10 is available for download and update now and it includes some ground-breaking work that your nonprofit will benefit a lot from — and like always, it’s yours for free.
Introducing the Donor Dashboard
Donor relations are a fundamental aspect of good fundraising. One way to ensure your relationships with your donors is excellent is ensuring they are empowered to control their data on your website, access their donation history, update their recurring subscription, download their individual and annual receipts and more. With GiveWP 2.10 they can now do that all from one convenient dashboard.
The new Donor Dashboard is clean and intuitive to use. For new GiveWP installs, it will be created automatically. For those upgrading from older versions, you’ll see a notice to guide you to creating your Donor Dashboard page. It can be implemented with a Gutenberg block or a shortcode.
Have you wanted to use our Donor Wall but frustrated that not enough of your donors have profile pictures? Now they can update their profile picture themselves in their Dashboard, or you can update it for them via the admin. This will make for far more attractive donor walls.
You might be asking, “but do they need a WordPress user account to use this?” No they don’t! Our email access feature works perfectly with the Donor Dashboard as well, enabling all your donors to benefit from this regardless of whether they have a user account or not.
What Else is in 2.10?
Besides general improvements, code clean-ups, minor bug fixes, and other optimizations this release also introduces:
- A new Fields API — we are paving the way for more powerful, flexible, and modular form fields. 2.10 includes the groundwork for this with a new Fields API. The API is in the plugin now, but it is not yet used to power our forms. This silent update will make it easier for us to transition your forms to the new API in the future. Developers though can leverage this new API immediately. We even have a new sample snippet to show how it works.
- Enhanced Logs — these are super helpful for understanding the payment and upgrade errors that you occasionally get on your site. The logs can be filtered and sorted, and actions can be taken directly from the log itself.
- Better GiveWP Update Tools — occassionally, a GiveWP plugin or add-on update requires a database update. If that update doesn’t go perfectly smoothly it can be problematic. We revamped the updates logs, and we included ways that you can pause or restart the upgrades directly from a specific update. This is a great tool for our Support team to help you overcome very technical aspects that previously required access to your database or other more intense measure.
A Sneak Peek at our Progress on Peer-to-Peer
In other news, we are continually carving a way forward for our GiveWP Peer-to-Peer solution. If you want to hear the latest and follow along with our progress, there’s two options for you:
- Join our Facebook Community — we share insights and early news and ideas in that group first before we do anywhere else.
- Follow our Feedback Thread — we use Canny.io for gathering feedback for everything related to GiveWP core and all our add-ons. The Peer-to-Peer post is by far the most active thread with details and screenshots of our concepts.