Is your Mission Trip in eight weeks? Do you have a deadline you have to meet to apply for a grant? Creating a sense of urgency for your fundraising goals is simple using our new free Add-on, Give Form Countdown.
This free Add-on from Give is now available on the WordPress.org Plugin Directory here.
Create Urgency With a Set Timeframe
Form Countdown allows you to set a designated timeframe for the length of your campaign before it ends automatically. That timeframe can be set as a number of days, or to a specific time and day of the year. When the timeframe comes to an end the form closes with a message that you customize.
Limiting your donation campaigns to a certain time-frame is useful for communicating a sense of urgency to your donor base. When your donors know that their window to donate is limited, they are less likely to postpone giving.
There are several features that are available right in Give Form Countdown Add-on.
- Limit the form by a number of days from publication or to a specific date/time.
- When the form is closed, display a custom message to your donors thanking them for their generosity.
- Enable a countdown clock to your form in various positions to further add that sense of urgency.
All of the Form Countdown settings are per form, so you will not find anything in “Donations > Settings.” Instead, go to “Donations > All Forms” and click on your form.
There you’ll see our tabbed “Donation Form Options” interface. At the bottom is a new tab called “Form Countdown”. There you’ll have the following options:
- Enable Duration — Enable or Disable your Duration features. All other fields will appear when you select “Enable”.
- Donation Deadline — Set the Duration to end at a set number of days after the form is published, or at a specific day and time.
- Date — If you selected “Day & Time” above, you’ll see this option. This is a datepicker to allow you to choose any date in the future.
- Time — If you selected “Day & Time” above, you’ll see this option. Choose what time of day the form should close from a dropdown list.
- Duration ended message — a WYSIWYG field to add any content you want to display to your donors when the duration is over. When the campaign ends, you can either completely replace the form with this message, or position the message above or below the form.
Why not try it?
This is the first Add-on we’ve released for free on the WordPress Plugin Directory, but we have plans for more. Keep an eye on our blog and subscribe to our newsletter to get informed of all new Add-on releases. Give our Form Countdown Add-on a spin today and, as always, support is available here and your bug reports or pull requests are welcome on Github.