Subscription transactions have slightly different statuses than standard donation statuses. This article helps you understand them so you can manage your subscriptions statuses correctly.
Just like normal Transactions, you’ll find each successful subscription donation in the Transactions screen. If you — for any reason at all — need to update the status of a subscription transaction, you can do that from the Transaction screen, or the donation details screen.
Recurring Donations Subscription Status Definitions:
- Active: The subscription is set as active in Give and is indicated by a green icon. This status is reserved for subscriptions with donation payments being actively collected.
- Completed: The subscription has run it’s course and is now maked as complete. This is indicated by a dark gray icon. Some gateways, such as PayPal, refer to completed subscriptions as “expired”. However, in Give we refer to them as “Completed” for better clarity.
- Expired: The subscription has missing multiple payments, most likely due to payment failures. This can happen when a card expires or the donor changes payment information.
- Cancelled: The subscription has been cancelled and is no longer being charged donation payments. This is indicated by a light gray icon. Subscriptions may be cancelled by a donor or admin. When a subscription is cancelled by the admin via the Payment Gateway it will update in Give if the proper webhook is set according to that gateway’s documentation.
- Suspended: The subscription has been suspended and is a paused state. Give support for pausing subscriptions is dependent on each payment gateway’s API support of that feature.